I happened to catch Barbara Perez's excuse for a radio talk show just before lunch today. She had some dumb sounding guy on who I couldn't identify right off the bat - mostly because Barbara is a horrible talk show host and doesn't constantly re-introduce her guests.
Turns out it was our wonderful Congressman Silvestre Reyes. He hasn't a clue what's going with the Farah building! When asked about the project he even admitted they he wasn't sure where the building is actually located!! Does this idiot not read the El Paso Times at least? Can someone in his office not say, "hey moron, here are 10 big issues in El Paso right now - know them just in case on of your constituents happens to sneak their ass past your staff and start asking questions."
El Paso's hero doesn't even know what's going on here. He doesn't have to, I guess. It's not like anyone runs against him.
Here's a list of things Reyes should know about. Maybe his staff will read this list to him as a bedtime story.
1. ASARCO - you're against it even if you don't live in Kern (you live in DC)
2. Border Fence - We like illegal immigration and drug trafficking - it helps our local economy and gives our kids something to do.
3. Downtown Revitalization - you're for it. Just go with it.
4. Ft. Bliss - you want to grow it, but not provide funds to help El Paso grow along with the base.
5. UTEP - they need cash. Please send.
6. PSB - we're not sure what they are, or what they have legal authority to do, but I just found out they own my mortgage.
7. Blowing Sand - there's not much you can do about it, but I thought I'd let you know that it pisses us off.
I hope this helps you look like less of an ass as we move forward.